Share fields between entities... RRS feed

• Question

• I have a solution with two entities. There are a couple of fields on one that I need to use on the other so they can be put on the form. How do I go about doing that?
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:58 PM

All replies

• If this is 2013 you can use the quick view form if the two entities are linked by a n:1 relationship. If it's 2011 then you can create the fields again in both entities and set up field mappings. Another thing is if the fields are pick lists you can create global option set and then create a field on each entity and point at the global option set. If you can provide a bit more info on the specific scenario you are trying to meet it will help define the solution
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:03 PM
  • OK, I'll try to explain it and hope it makes sense. One entity is used to keep track of client information and tracking their enrollment progress, the second entity is to keep track of their pay schedules. I need to be able to run a report that can use fields from both for the Report Filtering Criteria. Would I need to set up relationships?
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:28 PM
  • Hi Nasyrax,

If you are looking to set up a report to display this information then it is possible to access fields from both for filtering.

Are you working with an online or on premise deployment? Using SQL will make your life a lot easier for this, however with some work you should be able to achieve the same result using fetchXML.

~ Atomic Coder

Friday, May 30, 2014 2:32 PM