Reporting Services issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm going through an issue with my Windows 2008 server.

I'm running Dynamics CRM 4.0 w/ SQL Server 2008 beta, and I am receiving a HTTP 401 Unauthorized when I want to generate a report.

The ReportServer is running with the Local System Account. I tried to use the NetworkService one, but it is impossible to start the service when using this account.

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre

Monday, July 28, 2008 1:17 PM

Answers

• If you need to change the ReportServer RunAs account, you need to run the "Reporting Services Configuration".

Jim

Monday, July 28, 2008 2:02 PM

All replies

• If you need to change the ReportServer RunAs account, you need to run the "Reporting Services Configuration".

Jim

Monday, July 28, 2008 2:02 PM
  • Thanks for answering so fast,

I am already aware of that. I tried two different configurations :

For the lab one, I'm using two servers : a windows 2003 with the SQL2005 database, and the second one under Windows 2008, with dynamics CRM 4.0.

The "real" one, for production purpose, is a single Windows 2008 server, with SQL2008 beta (2005 wouldn't install and the stable one is not released yet) and dynamics 4.0.

In the lab environment, with SQL2005, I am able to change the account ReportServer is running with, using the configuration utility, to set to NT Authority\NetworkService.

On the production server, even if I use the configuration utility, the service is not restarting when I choose to use NT Authority\NetworkService.

But this is secondary : my main problem is that the reports with CRM aren't available (cf included log). I was told that it was because of the account, but I'm not sure as it's not working in lab.

Thanks,

Pierre

Event log detail :

- System
      - Provider
       [ Name]  MSCRMReporting
      - EventID 19968
       [ Qualifiers]  49152
       Level 2
       Task 0
       Keywords 0x80000000000000
      - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime]  2008-07-28T12:15:32.000Z
       EventRecordID 5845
       Channel Application
       Computer server2008.domain.com
       Security
    - EventData
       ListExtensions
       http://server2008/ReportServer/ReportService2005.asmx
       La demande a échoué avec l'état HTTP 401 : Unauthorized.
       w3wp
       C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\

Monday, July 28, 2008 2:20 PM