MCSA Cert RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Im looking to get started on my MCSA cert..  I browsed the FAQ's on Microsofts page and a good start they suggested Exam 70-620.  I am planning on doing the e-learning wondering if it is going to be a good start.  Looking for a little advice I dont have any Microsoft Certification experience but very interested in the field.  If another cert. maybe a better start then shooting  straight for the MCSA let me know.  Any advice is good advice.

Thanks in advance,

Mikey1010

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:15 AM

Answers

• There is no point of going for Vista certification when Windows 7 exam is out. I would suggest you to go for 70-680 exam instead.

Hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    • Marked as answer by Mikey1010 Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:11 AM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 2:43 AM
  • Mikey, What is your IT experience?  If it is mainly Desktop support, then I would suggest getting your MCDST cert first. It enhances your marketability and is the elective for the MCSA. Then I would work on the operating system and I agree with Rubel, might as well do the Windows 7 which I think might give you the MCTS. Then finish with 70-290 and 70-291 and you are done!

You also now have 3 certifications instead of just 1 :-)
    • Marked as answer by Mikey1010 Sunday, August 29, 2010 3:45 AM
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:11 AM

All replies

• There is no point of going for Vista certification when Windows 7 exam is out. I would suggest you to go for 70-680 exam instead.

Hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    • Marked as answer by Mikey1010 Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:11 AM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 2:43 AM
  • thx for the feedback, i very much appreciate it!  I am going to look into that.

Mike
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:11 AM
  • Mikey, What is your IT experience?  If it is mainly Desktop support, then I would suggest getting your MCDST cert first. It enhances your marketability and is the elective for the MCSA. Then I would work on the operating system and I agree with Rubel, might as well do the Windows 7 which I think might give you the MCTS. Then finish with 70-290 and 70-291 and you are done!

You also now have 3 certifications instead of just 1 :-)
    • Marked as answer by Mikey1010 Sunday, August 29, 2010 3:45 AM
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:11 AM

Hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!

Thanks to the info!
    Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:35 AM