none
Repeating Questions in MCTS Retake RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have just failed exam 70-516 with a score of 680. I am keen to retake the exam as I only narrowly failed. what are the possibilities of questions I received today re-appearing in my retake in a couple of weeks time? I understand that there must be a pool of available questions but is the software clever enough to exclude any questions from that pool that were in my first test. Microsoft / the system must know I have already sat the exam as I suspect I will have the same candidate ID.

Thanks

Stephen

Stephen

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:16 PM

Answers

• There's no real data on this, and the Microsoft NDA precludes anyone from actually sharing this information. 

What you need to do is to focus on those areas that you're weak in (the test results will tell you that) and spend the needed time studying those areas.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:21 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• There's no real data on this, and the Microsoft NDA precludes anyone from actually sharing this information. 

What you need to do is to focus on those areas that you're weak in (the test results will tell you that) and spend the needed time studying those areas.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:21 PM
    Answerer
  • what are the possibilities of questions I received today re-appearing in my retake in a couple of weeks time?

I would have thought that the chances are pretty high.

They must have a known bank of questions from which they pull their exam questions (as you say).

I would have thought that if you took the exam 4 or 5 times you would see the same question being repeated.

I doubt if the software is clever enough to exclude questions from the pool that were in the first test. It's probably a similar, but not identical, set of questions being asked. My guess would be that 75% will be the same / 25% will be different.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:25 AM