OCS 2007 compatibility RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know when microsoft will come out with a version that a)is supported on 2008 server and b)microsoft says and shows how it will work with a 2008 domain.

thank you!

Thursday, July 3, 2008 1:49 PM

Answers

• Microsoft has already documented the supportability of OCS 2007 with Active Directory 2008, you just have to poke around the Supportibilty documentation for the answers.

Yet, I've put most of it together here: https://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=30

Also, Tom Keating has blogged about some rumors surrounding an upcoming release of 2007 R2 that might address this issue, but nothing has been officially released yet.  Regardless OCS currently works with AD2008, so if you are still having deployment issues they are probably environmental and not limitations of the product.

Thursday, July 3, 2008 2:27 PM

All replies

• Microsoft has already documented the supportability of OCS 2007 with Active Directory 2008, you just have to poke around the Supportibilty documentation for the answers.

Yet, I've put most of it together here: https://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=30

Also, Tom Keating has blogged about some rumors surrounding an upcoming release of 2007 R2 that might address this issue, but nothing has been officially released yet.  Regardless OCS currently works with AD2008, so if you are still having deployment issues they are probably environmental and not limitations of the product.

Thursday, July 3, 2008 2:27 PM
  • ok i will give it a try again however I need to provide support to management, do you know of any microsoft articles created talkin about compatiblity?

thank you!

Thursday, July 3, 2008 2:46 PM
  • There are multiple links to MS article in my blog posted above.

Thursday, July 3, 2008 3:27 PM