Possible to set a default price list and unit? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone.

I'm running CRM 3.0.  My company sells services, so things like phone lines.  They have a price with them and no cost.  When I make an opportunity, I want to be able  to add a product such as "Business Phone Line" and have it show it's $30 of revenue with $0 cost.

The system is forcing me to create a Price List and to create a unit.  I've made a default price list and a default unit which contains nothing just to shut CRM up.  The problem is I have to choose the price list every time I make a new opportunity which is annoying since there's only 1.  Then when I add a new product, I have to pick the product, then I have to pick unit, and pick the 1 default unit which again is annoying and a waste since there's only 1.  Is there a way to change this?

I know there must be because my enterprise company uses CRM 3.0 and I dont' have to enter this when I add products, but my small business running CRM on my own server I do.  Thanks!
    Friday, October 9, 2009 3:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• HI Lee,

Here's how to set the default unit of measure.  Use the same method if you want to set a default price list.
    http://blog.customereffective.com/blog/2008/09/default-unit-of.html

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Friday, October 9, 2009 5:56 PM
  • Hi thanks for your help!  I think I'm missing something though it says go to the unit that I want then click Ctrl-N to get the guid value of the unit.  Pressing Ctrl-N opens a new internet explorer window.  Am I supposed to be doing this from somewhere else?
    Friday, October 9, 2009 6:17 PM
  • Enter control-n when you have the crm window open.  This will open a new window with the existing link and you will be able to see the full url.  The GUID is then in the url.
    Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Friday, October 9, 2009 6:31 PM
  • Thanks Alex that worked!  I didn't realize it meant it wanted something from the URL.  For the price list I'm having an issue, I think because it says var iUnit = "Each"; which isn't what should be in Price List.  I tried typing the name of the Price List in there but it gives an error.  I've updated the guid to reflect the one displayed in the price list field though.  Not sure what the issue is, here's what I currently have (My Price List is called Company Price Master)

// This sets the default values for Quantity and Unit of Measure upon a new
    //form
    //  UOM = Each
    var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = "1";
    var lookupItem = new Array();
    var iUnit = "Company Price Master";
    if (crmForm.FormType==CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE)
       {
        // Set: GUID of unit "Each", object type code and the text name "Each".
       lookupItem[0] = new LookupControlItem
    ("{5ACB5B3B-04AA-DE11-B950-001D92D5F518}", 1055, "Company Price Master"); // Set the form control value to the lookupItem just created.
       crmForm.all.uomid.DataValue = lookupItem ;
       }
    Friday, October 9, 2009 6:54 PM
  • If you have a products that have different default uom values this solution will work - CRM Dynamics: Set default unit on product line
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:49 AM