none
Trouble gettings started RRS feed

• Question

• I just downloaded the SyncFx 2.1 SDK and a sql ce sync tutorial : http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=sync&ReleaseId=3422.

I am using VS2010. When I opened the project, there were tons of compile time errors. I removed and re-added the Microsoft.Synchronization, Microsoft.Synchronization.Data, Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServer, and Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe libraries.

That removed most of my missing assembly reference errors. I have one remaining. The symbol SqlCeSyncProvider still cannot be found. What should I do?

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 10:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please make sure that you add the correct version of Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe.dll. The version should be 3.1 instead of 3.5. If you have SQL Ce 3.5 installed, you have both versions of this assembly on your machine.

Thanks,
    Dong

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 12:48 AM

All replies

• have you tried installing SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 as well?
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 12:18 AM
  • Hi,

Please make sure that you add the correct version of Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe.dll. The version should be 3.1 instead of 3.5. If you have SQL Ce 3.5 installed, you have both versions of this assembly on your machine.

Thanks,
    Dong

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 12:48 AM
  • Awesome. Why/when do I use the 3.5 version?

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:21 PM
  • Hi,

The hub-spoke sync providers were initially shipped as part of SQLCE 3.5. And SqlCeClientSyncProvider is in this 3.5 dll. If you want to use first version of hub-spoke sync providers, you can use SQLCe 3.5 only without installing Sync framework.

Thanks,

Dong

Thursday, November 4, 2010 3:20 AM