none
Compile error when workbook opened by compute nodes RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using 2012 HPC Pack. I can successfully send jobs to the head node. When the workbook is loaded by compute nodes each time a dialog window opens.

I've tested this by stopping execution on a CN and reviewing the references under Tools>References. The refererences exist and are valid, none are missing, as shown below.

Unchecking any reference and checking it again accepting with OK displays a dialog.

Thereafter I'm able to execute workbook code.

This prevents me from sending requests to the cluster and executing them. Is there an alternative to late-binding every reference? I really don't want to down that road as it's a lot of extra work. The client machine that sends the requests has no issue with references, no do any other machines I test on. This is only occurring with CN in Azure.

• Edited by ExcelGrunt Friday, September 20, 2019 3:47 PM Upload images
    Friday, September 20, 2019 3:46 PM

All replies

• Hi ExcelGrunt,

The Compile error means some referenced lib failed to load. It could be Microsoft.Hpc.Excel or others e.g. Microsoft XML. Could you open the same Excel workbook directly on the Azure CNs and see if it can compile and run locally? You may also double check the Location of the libs e.g. Microsoft.Hpc.Excel on the Azure CNs and see if it is correct.

Meanwhile, what's the client machine OS/Excel version and bits (32/64)? What about the Azure CNs? The difference could also affect the library reference.

Regards,

Yutong Sun

Sunday, September 22, 2019 6:33 AM
  • The username ExcelGrunt was logged in when I posted but I'm the original poster.

When I first open the workbook on an Azure CN I am unable to compile. This is shown in the first image. Navigating through Tools>References there are none displayed as missing. To successfully have the project compile a reference needs be unchecked and rechecked, displaying the missing DLL dialog in original post. Despite the dialog stating that there was an error the project can thereafter compile and run without issue.

Client OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

Client Excel: Office Standard 2013 (15.0.5153.1000) 32bit

Azure CN OS: Windows Server 2012 RD Datacenter 64bit

Azure CN Excel: Office Professional Plus 2016 (16.0.4266.1001) 64bit

• Edited by IvenBach Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:34 PM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:33 PM