email router server name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am installing CRM 4 and in the setup asks for the e-mail router server name.

I am using sbs2008 with exchange and no matter what I put in the box it will not connect, is there any suggestions where I might be going wrong?

Thank you

Best regards

Mark

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 6:05 AM

Answers

• The server name will be the name of the computer on which you install the e-mail router. In your case I guess it will be the sbs server. You have to install the e-mail router after CRM has been installed and then configure it.

On the hand, if you only have a few users and they will all use the CRM Client for Outlook and you don't setup any e-mail enabled queues in CRM you can configure all users to use the CRM Client for OUtlook for incoming and outgoing e-mail and ignore the E-mail Router altogether. However, I normally recommend using the E-mail router.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:48 PM
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:55 AM
  • Hi Mark,

setting a value for the mail server only sets a registry key and adds the computer account to the PrivUserGroup in the OU which you have specified.
    It does not configure any kind of mail routing.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 8:01 AM

All replies

• The server name will be the name of the computer on which you install the e-mail router. In your case I guess it will be the sbs server. You have to install the e-mail router after CRM has been installed and then configure it.

On the hand, if you only have a few users and they will all use the CRM Client for Outlook and you don't setup any e-mail enabled queues in CRM you can configure all users to use the CRM Client for OUtlook for incoming and outgoing e-mail and ignore the E-mail Router altogether. However, I normally recommend using the E-mail router.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:55 AM
  • Hi Mark,

setting a value for the mail server only sets a registry key and adds the computer account to the PrivUserGroup in the OU which you have specified.
    It does not configure any kind of mail routing.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 8:01 AM