Move CRM 2011 database to same server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a CRM 2011 organisation installed on Server A, and its DB on Server B.

I would like to move the DB to the same server as CRM 2011 (on Server A).

Is there a way I can do this through deployment manager?

Thanks

Darren

Darren Mercieca
    Friday, November 11, 2011 10:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no option via deployment manager, the either choice is let me in server A u have installed SQL server?

If it is install i would suggest you to backup your CRM databases from server B, and restore it in server A.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.
    • Marked as answer by darrmerc Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:44 PM
    Friday, November 11, 2011 11:42 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

There is no option via deployment manager, the either choice is let me in server A u have installed SQL server?

If it is install i would suggest you to backup your CRM databases from server B, and restore it in server A.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.
    • Marked as answer by darrmerc Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:44 PM
    Friday, November 11, 2011 11:42 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

I followed this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh386491.aspx

1. I took a backup from server B and restored it on Server A, keeping the same database names.
    2. Then  I installed Reporting Service Extension on Server A,
    3. I changed the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM\configdb to match the Server A. (The article also say to change the 'database' subkey and 'metabase' subkey, but I could not locate them)
    4. Went to Deployment manager, disabled the organisation, and changed the SQL server and reporting server details with those of Server A.
    5. Finally I enabled the organisation from deployment manager.

when I try to navigate to CRM from IE I get 'SQL Server Error'. any idea please? i suspect it is the subkeys which could not locate in 3.

Thanks

Darren

Darren Mercieca
    Friday, November 11, 2011 1:50 PM
  • You will most likely need to detach  your organizations (remove them) and re-import them also using deployment manager.
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Friday, November 11, 2011 2:34 PM