none
SyncToy 2 is a step backward RRS feed

• Question

• Echo function does not work at all correctly. 

It does not remove old copies of renamed or deleted files or folders. So if you change the name of a file or delete file or folder in the original, no corresponding action happens with the destination. The new named material makes it there but the old stuff remains there too. 

In version 1.4, if a folder was deleted in the original, the files were deleted in the destination but the empty folder remained.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 12:12 PM

Answers

• Hi -

Yes we know of the files/folders not getting deleted with Echo. The problem arises when there is FAT on one side. We have fixed this poblem in our next release.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hi -

Yes we know of the files/folders not getting deleted with Echo. The problem arises when there is FAT on one side. We have fixed this poblem in our next release.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:23 PM
  • I use a programme to file synchronization, which is called File Sync. Auto file and folder sync software (www.fileutilityblog.com/archives/232) is a necessary thing for everybody. That is why I use this program and haven't such problems. May be it will help you? Good luck
    • Edited by Rose83 Thursday, July 2, 2009 7:52 PM
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 7:50 PM
  • Hi,

I am backing up from a ntfs disk to a ntfs disk and I have the folders not getting deleted with the Echo option.

Any idea of when the next release will be out ?

Thanks,
    Diamond
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:39 AM
  • I have the same problem with two NTFS disks. It's November and this very basic and fundamental problem is still not fixed. It's hard to imagine that MS could care so little for their customers.
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 5:49 AM