Should we be expecting lots of activity and changes next week? RRS feed

• Question

• Since PDC starts next week, and the various blogs and web sites (is it "websites"?) are all abuzz with what is and isn't going to be announced/demonstrated/released, I'm expecting that there will be updates to many of the Windows Live products.

Without violating any NDA, etc., should we be expecting to see a lot of new people hitting this forum, and more people coming on-board the Live Mesh party, and new software wanting to update our machines in the coming week?  One thing I fear, based partly on things I've read on the various "Microsoft watching and analysis blogs", is that Live Mesh will be subsumed into a larger project/product, and will cease to get the focus that it appears to have been getting during this Tech Preview period. I think it would be great in conjunction with other software, but Live Mesh can stand on its own, as it is, with the various "promised" features added to it. I hope that Live Mesh keeps its individual identity within the food chain...
    Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:38 PM

Answers

• Indeed, the "buzz" has been getting louder and louder, hasn't it?  While I must leave it to the folks at PDC to reveal all the details, I can say that we hope to have a new Live Mesh release very soon, and that it will be a very exciting time for us (by which I mean both the Live Mesh team and all our tech preview customers).  So ... I certainly hope we'll see new people hitting this forum!  Things have been rather quiet around here lately, don't you think?  Time for a little Fall excitement. :)

And, of course, GuyWithDogs, I hope to be seeing more of you around the forums in the coming weeks; your presence on these forums is always appreciated!

Stay tuned....

Ben.
    Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:52 PM

All replies

• Indeed, the "buzz" has been getting louder and louder, hasn't it?  While I must leave it to the folks at PDC to reveal all the details, I can say that we hope to have a new Live Mesh release very soon, and that it will be a very exciting time for us (by which I mean both the Live Mesh team and all our tech preview customers).  So ... I certainly hope we'll see new people hitting this forum!  Things have been rather quiet around here lately, don't you think?  Time for a little Fall excitement. :)

And, of course, GuyWithDogs, I hope to be seeing more of you around the forums in the coming weeks; your presence on these forums is always appreciated!

Stay tuned....

Ben.
    Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:52 PM
  • very soon = before next monday?:P
    Friday, October 24, 2008 2:10 AM
  • Well, so far, Monday has been VERY quiet. I watched the Microsoft Azure keynote address, and there are hints that Live Mesh is involved. There may be more information tomorrow when the client side of things gets more exposure, apparently...
    Monday, October 27, 2008 9:42 PM
  • On the blog there is a post that says the update will come this week. But no dates so far:(
    Monday, October 27, 2008 10:29 PM