OCS 2007 Web Components Validation errors (Internal Error: TrustFailure) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I have recently deployed OCS 2007 and the functionality is fine, however all Communicator 2007 clients show the dreaded little yellow warning triangle, the errors being 'Outlook Integration Error' and 'Cannot Synchronize Address Book'.

Following some advice I googled, I ran the Web Components Validation wizard, and the log displayed a series of errors, mostly of the same nature:

URL: https://ocsserver.domain.com/GroupExpansion/Int/service.asmx
    Internal Error: TrustFailure
    Suggested Resolution: Please set a valid certificate for IIS default web site. Additionally, ensure that certificate subject name is the same as web farm FQDN.
      Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected

I am quite confused by this error, as I followed the deployment guide closely (or at least I thought I did).

There is a certificate configured in the Default Web Site in IIS, this certficate was issued by our internal CA.

For our Web Access (which works perfectly) we purchased a certificate from a public CA.

Now the error is basically saying that I don't have a valid certificate configured; however I am now unsure of where I have gone wrong.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

What type of certificate should I have requested and installed in the Default Web Site?

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

Adooron

Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:16 AM