• <enter my SMTP server>
    • Port = 25
    • My SMTP Server requiers authentication = ticked
    • <enter the username for my e-mail account>
    • <enter my password>
    • <My SMTP Server requires an encryptes connection (SSL) = not ticked
    • Send Sample Announcement
    I get the error:

The Underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

I have checked pgAdmin III and IIS on the WHS and SSL is not required in either.

I am able to telnet to my SMTP server on port 25 from my WHS.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Wednesday, July 9, 2008 11:07 PM

Answers

• TechBoyUK,

This is a known issue with the current updated version (Update 2) of the HP Mediasmart Software and this happens whether you have PP1 installed or not.  It manifests itself when you are using the Homeserver.com domain service instead of the HP TZO domain service.

HP is working on a fix which they do not plan to publish until PP1 goes RTM.  In the mean time, you must use a TZO domain for the email notification to work.  You can find other threads on this at http://www.mediasmartserver.net/  or check my original thread at HERE

Not good news, but at least HP is aware and working the issue.

Toby

Monday, July 14, 2008 8:09 PM
  • The patches that came out yesterday (PP1 and the HP patch) have resolved this issue for me!
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:05 PM

All replies

• Is this a generic Windows Home Server question?  Or are you running Power Pack 1 beta and something is happening with your HP home server?

Thursday, July 10, 2008 4:19 AM
  • I have PP1 beta installed, but no other software or Add-ons.
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 8:22 AM
  • The Photo Webshare functionality is an HP Add-in that comes with their HP MediaSmart server.  I would suggest that you call HP Support to have them help troubleshoot your issue.   Additionally, there are 2 web based community forums dedicated to assisting HP MediaSmart owners with troubleshooting issues with the HP software that comes with their MediaSmart Server. 

Thursday, July 10, 2008 4:20 PM
  • Okay will do.

Thanks.
    Sunday, July 13, 2008 10:21 PM
  • TechBoyUK,

This is a known issue with the current updated version (Update 2) of the HP Mediasmart Software and this happens whether you have PP1 installed or not.  It manifests itself when you are using the Homeserver.com domain service instead of the HP TZO domain service.

HP is working on a fix which they do not plan to publish until PP1 goes RTM.  In the mean time, you must use a TZO domain for the email notification to work.  You can find other threads on this at http://www.mediasmartserver.net/  or check my original thread at HERE

Not good news, but at least HP is aware and working the issue.

Toby

Monday, July 14, 2008 8:09 PM
  • Hi Toby,

Thank you for the information!
    Monday, July 14, 2008 9:52 PM
  • The patches that came out yesterday (PP1 and the HP patch) have resolved this issue for me!
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:05 PM