Upgrade to Moss 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I had Windows Home Server set up with WSS 3.0 - everything worked great. I could log in remotely. I upgraded to Moss 2007 and now I can not log in remotely using the homeserver.com address I used before. Can anyone help please?
    • Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Tuesday, June 15, 2010 1:31 PM software question (From:Windows Home Server Hardware and Installation)
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:56 AM

All replies

• Probably the installation of MOSS did something to the port bindings in IIS. What exactly I couldn't tell you, as I don't have Sharepoint running on my server (it's explicitly unsupported by either the Sharepoint team or the Windows Home Server team). Depending on how technically skilled and knowledgeable you are (or on how good you are with search engines :) ), you may be able to fix the issue and get everything working happily together, or you may be looking at a server recovery to get your Remote Access working again. The issue is likely to be similar to those created when you do a vanilla installation of Sharepoint on Windows Home Server: MOSS has taken over certain ports and shut off Remote Access in the process.

Honestly, though, I would probably have to recommend proceeding immediately to the server recovery...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 1:30 PM