none
Data not Synching (SyncFX 2.1) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
       I have a synchronization scenario as below:

Desktop Application SQL Server Compact 3.5
    Device Application SQL Server Compact 3.5 (Windows Mobile 5.0)
    Remote Database SQL Server 2008

My application creates a site database in the desktop application. A scope is then created between the desktop application database and the device database (CE to CE). Another scope is also created between the deskop database and the remote SQL Server database (CE to SQL). If I add data directly to my desktop application and sync with the remote database (Upload) the data syncs correctly. If I add data to my device application data syncs back to my desktop application correctly. If I then try and sync this new added data (from the device) back to the remote database from the desktop application it does not appear. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks
    Paul.

Paul Wainwright

Monday, November 3, 2014 11:40 AM

Answers

• subscribe to the ApplyChangesFailed event so you know if its encountering issues applying the changes (either an error or a conflict)
    • Marked as answer by pr_wainwright Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:36 PM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 10:31 PM

All replies

• subscribe to the ApplyChangesFailed event so you know if its encountering issues applying the changes (either an error or a conflict)
    • Marked as answer by pr_wainwright Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:36 PM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 10:31 PM
  • JuneT,

Thanks for the reply. The problem was one of my tables did not use a Guid for its primary key. Changing this sorted the sync problems.

Thanks

Paul.

Paul Wainwright

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:36 PM