none
stripping template down to bare minimum content RRS feed

• Question

• maybe some you experts can help with this.  I'm basically a beginner in VS 2019, as my previous thread here has indicated, but what I've found is that the template creations, when asked for by me, produce a lot of content that seems totally unnecessary for my puprposes.  I know plenty about creating classes, writing javascript and formatting with CSS.  But all the other stuff like controllers, jquery (bootstrap), json stuff and maybe a few other content items in there, are not needed whatsoever for my purposes.  so the question I have for you all is...

What all can I eliminate out of an ASP.NET CORE template solution so I can still publish and run a website application that utilizes c#.net code, asp.net code, html, css and javasctip (no jQuery)?  Anyone got any advice on this?  See image below for what I see in VS after creating a .NET CORE template:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XZbWI3FOxOSyBvIfQvrBeqa4NLvat_AB

• Edited by Adam102345 Wednesday, December 25, 2019 4:28 PM
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Thursday, December 26, 2019 2:52 PM ASP.NET related
    Wednesday, December 25, 2019 4:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting here.

You could select the Empty option when you create a new ASP.NET Core Web Application, which will create a minimal application example that can be run.

And if you want to modify the project template to make it more suitable for you, please refer to the link below.

How to: Update existing templates.

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 26, 2019 1:50 AM
  • thanks Timon.  Give me a day or so and I'll get back to you about what I've done with your suggestion.  I'm sure it'll work fine, I just don't have time right now to get back to it.  But it'll be soon.
    Thursday, December 26, 2019 4:33 AM
    Thursday, December 26, 2019 4:33 AM
  • Please post questions related to ASP.NET in the ASP.NET forums.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Thursday, December 26, 2019 2:52 PM