Setting up IFD for an existing MSCRM 2011 system RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I read somewhere a while ago that you can only setup IFD for your CRM when you are installing CRM system. You can't add IDF later on to an existing CRM setup. I wanted to check with you if this is true? I tried finding that piece of information again but I could not find anything like that online. May be it was a blog or something that I read before CRM 2011 was launched officially. We have multiple server CRM environment. 2 App servers, 2 platform servers, 2 web servers. App servers are running CRM on port 80 as default website. 

So, can we install and configure IFD to an existing CRM 2011 system?

Is there any difference or issues when you install/configure IFD to an existing CRM 2011 system?

Thank you,

-Imran

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 10:32 PM

Answers

• Yea that should be fine. IFD is configured through deployment manager after CRM is installed, so whether you do this straight away or later doesn't really matter.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:09 AM
  • Yea that should be fine. IFD is configured through deployment manager after CRM is installed, so whether you do this straight away or later doesn't really matter.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the quick reply. I really appreciate that. Can you please clarify one more thing here? Can I install and configure ADFS 2.0 on a separate machine that does not have any CRM setup or service running on it? Or ADFS 2.0 needs to on the same machine as CRM website? Is there any dependency of IFD to use current CRM servers?  

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:35 AM
  • There is no problem doing this, in fact it is recommended.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:51 AM

All replies

Hope that helps

Paul

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:09 AM

Hope that helps

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the quick reply. I really appreciate that. Can you please clarify one more thing here? Can I install and configure ADFS 2.0 on a separate machine that does not have any CRM setup or service running on it? Or ADFS 2.0 needs to on the same machine as CRM website? Is there any dependency of IFD to use current CRM servers?  

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:35 AM
  • There is no problem doing this, in fact it is recommended.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:51 AM
  • Thank you Paul, 

Appreciate your help.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:59 AM