Windows XP New User Account Profile Creation Whoops with WLOC RRS feed

• General discussion

• I was creating a new Profile, then I launched it went through setting things up and wloc 2.0 beta woke up and so I procced to set it up as I noticed none of the wloc links in start menu/all Programs and wloc link was missing.

Monday, August 6, 2007 8:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Mikro. Can you explain what you mean by "wloc ... woke up" and what you then proceeded to set up?

Was the OneCare shortcut not on the Start Menu for the new user profile? Was OneCare in the System Tray?

-steve

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 7:25 PM
  • Windows Live one Care waking up is it's services & Program firing up on the profile for the first time in the new profile then the dash launches then the config setup launches.

The System tray Icon slow to appear. It does show up but after a few minutes.

The link in Start/all programs and the program list I found after creating the new windows profile there was no Windows Live One Care link in the list of Programs on my system.   

Side Note: When a new program starts up for the first time and it requires setup I let the Windows and the program do it's thing. Because I learned forcing a program to do something It can come back and bite ya in a system crash or some other missed function so I wait for all the prompts in wloc case to do there thing.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 10:15 PM