resent e mails RRS feed

• Question

•   Somehow e mails from 2 years ago are being sent to the same recipients.  How do I stop this?  I have very limited technical knowledge or skill.

Thanks,

Kurt

Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Whenever you restart email router service, it will reprocess old emails but you can control this behaviour. You can tell CRM Email router service that how far it should go back (in days) and reprocess emails. Here is how you can do it:

Remote desktop to your CRM Server where email router service is installed.

Stop the Email Router Service. 

Go to Email router installation Directory. The default location is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service

In this 'service' folder, take a backup copy of "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.xml" and store it in a safe location. 

Open "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.xml" for edit. 

Inside the <ProviderOverrides> node, add a new node "<MessageProcessingThresholdDays>1</MessageProcessingThresholdDays>".

Change the value 1 to any number 'N' suitable for your needs and save changes.

Take a backup copy of "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml" and store it in a safe location. 

Open "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml" for edit. 

Delete entire content and add only "<State> </State>".

Save changes and Start the Email Router Service.

This will instruct the Email Router to process emails from each mailbox starting from time (Now - N), i.e, N days before now.

Thanks,

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

• Proposed as answer by Imran I Abbasi Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:53 PM
    Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:53 PM
  • Hi Kurt,

If they are sent from within CRM, Check CRM workflows / plug-ins. If you want to stop this, stop CRM's async service if issue is critical. This would stop all workflows for the system. Other than that is there any custom code written which can send e-mails? If there is look at what is causing the logic to be running again. What has changed to trigger this?

Minal

Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:54 PM