Easier Email Router Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I just solved some issue with the e-mail configuration but have another question. In order to get it to work I had to go to Tools->Options->Email and checked "Allow E-mail Router to use my credentials..." and entered the user name and pwd.

However, I have some concerns with the following:

1) I use Clear Text as the Authentication Method. If I check SSL the email provider reports back about unrecognized packages. How can I make SSL work?

2) I don't want that each user has to setup the user name and pwd under tools->Options->Email (as described above). Isn't there some global account I can send and it wil still look like the emails come from the particular users rather then the global account?

3) If the above does not work then can at least the admin configure this (except maybe for the pwd). It's still a headache because now you depend that each user maintains these settings, in particular the pwd.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:32 PM

Answers

• just out of the interest, what email server are you running?

2 concerns:
    1st, your SMTP is set to Anonymous. you need to make sure your smtp server accept Anonymous email (Most of the server would not accept)

2nd Deployment you need to set to correct port that your CRM is running.

you need to test the access by load the organization data and run test in email router.

Best Regard Vincent L
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 3:42 AM

All replies

• Hi hfaun,

I am sure you can to setup the email router to send/receivie/track your email.
    in order to answer you question. can you give more detail on your email router setting?

I guess you haven't got your email router configure correctly. If you complete your email router seup, you don't need to checked "Allow E-mail Router to use my credentials..."

In addition, if you solve the problem in email router, you don't need to worry about your question 1,2 and 3

Best Regard Vincent L
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:33 AM
  • Here are my settings:

Configuration Profiles:
      Outgoing:
        Profile Name: Outgoing  
        Direction: Outgoing
        Protocol: SMTP
        E-mail Server Type: SMTP
        Authentication Type: Anonymous
        Access Credentials: Local System Account
      Incoming:
        Profile Name: Incoming   
        Direction: Incoming
        Protocol:POP3
        E-mail Server Type: POP3
        Authentication Type: Clear Text
        Access Credentials: User Specified

Deployment
      My company
      Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server: http://localhost/[CompanyName]
      Port: 0
      Access Credentials: Other Specified (user name & pwd is that of the administrator)
      Incoming configuration profile: Incoming
      Outgoing configuration profile: Outgoing

Note that for the incoming access credentials I also tried Other Specified but it does not let me enter a user name (which is blank) but just a pwd.

Friday, March 12, 2010 11:13 PM
  • just out of the interest, what email server are you running?

2 concerns:
    1st, your SMTP is set to Anonymous. you need to make sure your smtp server accept Anonymous email (Most of the server would not accept)

2nd Deployment you need to set to correct port that your CRM is running.

you need to test the access by load the organization data and run test in email router.

Best Regard Vincent L
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 3:42 AM