Problem Installing Update for Money 2007 Deluxe RRS feed

• Question

• When I logged on to Money 2007 Deluxe this afternoon a update message appeared.  I clicked on "Okay" and the update downloaded and started to install.  After a few minutes (4 or 5) the following error message popped up..."Money was unable to install the update.  It is strongly recommended that you install this update before you continue using Money.  To try installing again, first make sure that your internet connection is active (it is working fine) and that you have at least 100mb free space on your hard drive. (there is at least 20gig available)  Then click Okay and restart Money."  I have tried this several times and always get the same message.  I tried restarting the whole system, and just Money...same thing happens either way.  I first followed the instructions that came up when I hit the "More Info" button on the error window.  They were pretty much what I had already tried, but I tried it again anyway.  Then  I contacted the Microsoft Support line and was told that they could not offer me any help on that particular product.  He told me to try the forums, so here I am.  I am still using windows XP.  I would appreciate any help.  Thank you. Mike  
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:27 PM

All replies

• I am getting the same error when attempting to reinstall on a new hard drive. Money 2007 downloads a service pack before allowing you to use it. They must have removed the files from their update servers. I cannot find anywhere online where you can download the service pack in an installer package. I think because Microsoft has gotten out of the personal financial software game they are abandoning us hold outs. I've been using Money since 1994. We paid good money for the programs over the years and this is the reward. Money 2007 is not that old. Come on Microsoft. At least allow us to download a stand alone installer.

Of course I have a load of Money checks. I hope they will work with Quicken.

Until I find a solution I've downloaded Quicken 2011 and converted my Money database so I can continue to manage my finances.

Sunday, March 13, 2011 5:56 PM