News no longer updating RRS feed

• Question

• The News section of my Live Mesh is no longer updating.  The last entry is dated Friday, March 5 at 7:38 AM, but I have updated several files since then.  I have checked, and those files have been updated properly on my Live Mesh Desktop and both of my computers, so Live Mesh is still working.  However, it would be fantastic to have the News section working, as I use that to make sure that Live Mesh updated the files.  Without seeing that, I have to manually check them, and that is a big pain in the rump.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, any idea how to fix it?
    Sunday, March 7, 2010 11:03 PM

Answers

• There have been issues with News "stalling" a number of times in recent months. Typically, it is a problem on the server side. If the problem persists, please post back and I'll poke Ken from the Live Mesh team to have a look.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, March 15, 2010 5:30 PM

All replies

• My news is no longer updating either. My latest entry was from March 6, and have also updated a multitude of files since then.

I have a feeling that they are making underlying system changes to Mesh in preparation for the Wave 4 release. That is of course, assuming its not just some bug that happened to trigger on March 5th or 6th.

I just wish there was some correspondence of updates (e.g. "Please note, news wont update for a few days due to maintenance").

Then again, I could be completely wrong, and we are both experiencing the same bug :P

ShadowXVII | http://www.shadowsplace.net
    Monday, March 8, 2010 3:18 PM
  • There have been issues with News "stalling" a number of times in recent months. Typically, it is a problem on the server side. If the problem persists, please post back and I'll poke Ken from the Live Mesh team to have a look.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, March 15, 2010 5:30 PM