none
Error in Fortran code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am using a FORCE Fortran 3.0. I want to run a code which is written in FORTRAN77. The code calls Numerical Algorithm Group (NAG) F77 routines. I installed NAG routines but I am getting warning messages. I am using Windows 8. please solve my problem.

some of Warning messages:

1. variables set but never used

2. variables declared but never referenced 

3. subprogram never defined

4. real STD_DEV promoted to real *8AL_DEV may not given desired precision

please help me to solve these problems

• Moved by litdev Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:39 PM
    Tuesday, March 6, 2018 5:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• The place to ask this should be a Fortan forum.

This forum is about the Small Basic language.

As for debugging: set variables but not used should be easy to find.

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:17 PM
  • Might try asking over here.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 7:41 PM
  • You should search the internet to find a forum for discussing FORCE Fortran. I tried to and did not succeed but I did not try very much. The FORCE Fortran website says something about Redditt so you might try there but I sure don't like Redditt myself.

Warnings are only warnings. There might be no problem and the warning can be ignored. A warning generally means the programmer was not careful. I will be very surprised if the compiler did not identify what variable are set but not used and what variables are declared but never referenced. If the only problem you see is the warnings then there are probably no problems.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 7:42 PM