none
Thread Preview: Is it Useful? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a feature today in forums called "thread preview". Basically, when you go to any forum you can click a little expand collapse icon to the left of the thread title. When you do this, the thread opens letting you participate in the thread inline without having to actually navigate to the thread, take a page load, lose forum thread context from the previous page.

Question for you all...Is this useful? Do you use it?

Note: there is a bug in the feature so if you are looking at My Threads or other multi forum thread views the threads from cross brands don't work. We realize this and are looking at that problem.

In the meantime, any verbatims on this feature, whether you find it useful, how it could be more useful would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for everyone's input in advance.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Monday, May 10, 2010 8:53 PM
    Answerer

Answers

All replies

• Question for you all...Is this useful? Do you use it?
    Yes, it's very useful and I use the Thread Preview al the time.

Thanks,
    Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers Forums Italy
    My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:44 AM
  • Yes, i use it every day. Mostly to get around another FF hanging bug . That is, ever day i open up all threads i don't want to read that way, except one. It's faster than opening a million tabs. The rest of the time its usually for the preview, but before responding i click to another window.

If you fix the FF hanging bug, i wouldn't care too much if you got rid of this feature.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:50 AM
  • I never use it.

Personally I think you should concentrate your time on fixing basic forum availability/reliabity before your start fiddling with the minutae.

All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:16 PM