Multiple Server/Role Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working on a Dynamics CRM project that requires to scale up from and initial 500 concuurent users to around 5000. In order to provide resilience and maintain client response times async processing will be run on separate servers.

The configuration will as follows;

Web Front End - 2 x Windows 2008 Servers, CRM 4.0 Enterprise (Application Server Role Installation), F5 Big IP Load Balancing

Async Processing - 2 x Windows 2008 Server, CRM 4.0 Enterprise (Platform  Server Role Installation), Email Router installed on 1 server

DB Server - Windows 2008 Server (Clustered), SQL Server 2008

I'm unsure whether I need to configure Load Balancing for the Async Processing servers and can't find any info on this. Do I require to set this up or does the Async Processing Service and Email Router only require access to the MSCRM database?

Thanks in Advance

Ian

Friday, April 30, 2010 2:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Ian,

you don't have to use load balancing (and I think you actually could not make any use of it for the async service).
    The async service looks into the crm database to retrieve pending jobs. So, if you install two async servers, they both work in parallel.
    The same applies to the Email router.

Friday, April 30, 2010 2:49 PM
  • Hi Ian,

That's correct - no need for loadbalancing multiple async services.  However, take a look at the deployment properties.  There are a number of settings that need to be adjusted so all the async services properly pickup jobs and loadbalance good.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Friday, April 30, 2010 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Ian,

you don't have to use load balancing (and I think you actually could not make any use of it for the async service).
    The async service looks into the crm database to retrieve pending jobs. So, if you install two async servers, they both work in parallel.
    The same applies to the Email router.

Friday, April 30, 2010 2:49 PM
  • Hi Ian,

That's correct - no need for loadbalancing multiple async services.  However, take a look at the deployment properties.  There are a number of settings that need to be adjusted so all the async services properly pickup jobs and loadbalance good.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Friday, April 30, 2010 2:51 PM
  • Thanks Alex,

I appreciate the quick repsonse. I'm new to Dynamics CRM and finding my way around the documentation at present. Where's the best place to find information on the deployment properties for the settings to ensure that async services picks up jobs and load balances properly?

Regards

Ian

Friday, April 30, 2010 2:59 PM
  • Hi Alex, 

Thanks  for  your  response  . I am  also  facing the  same  situation  to  Deploy the  Async  service  in  two  separate  servers  ( ie.  2  servers  for  BackEnd roles  ) for  my production  environment  . 

Can  you  please  guide  me  how   should  I configure  the  Async  service  to  pick the  load  evenly .   Your  response  will definitely help  me  ,  I am  currelty  struck with this  problem.

Thanks

Krithi

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:05 PM