confused about last crawled date RRS feed

• Question

• The webmaster tool states that my site was last crawled on the 9th February however from my webstats I can see the last time MSNbot visited was 17th March

Any ideas why the webmaster listing has not updated?
    Saturday, March 22, 2008 1:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We are currently working on this feature and hope to have it fixed shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Brett

Friday, April 11, 2008 6:28 PM

All replies

• Still getting crawled, latest was 26th March but the page still hasn't changed from saying last crawled 9th Feb.

Do you only update it every once in a while?
    Friday, March 28, 2008 6:24 PM
  • Hi,

We are currently working on this feature and hope to have it fixed shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Brett

Friday, April 11, 2008 6:28 PM
  •  

Just from our own experience it only updates when it updates/indexes the homepage again.  If it's hitting other pages or images it won't reflect the change in the tools section. What is pretty confusing is there is no regular pattern, sometimes it's two days, other times three weeks.   What we're still trying to figure out is why it hits some pages and doesn't index them - we never see an error yet they never appear.  Both the MSN bot and live bot have hit the page and image files for this insulated tote page and won't index it.  It would be nice if in the future the tools section told us why like Google does.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 5:01 PM