CRM 4 Export to Excel Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Some days ago we moved our crm 4.0 from our old server to a new one.

We've getting an error when we try to export to excel from any entity. With the log traces this is the error I get.

at ErrorInformation.LogError()
    at MainApplication.Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs eventArguments)
    at EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at HttpApplication.RaiseOnError()
    at ApplicationStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error)
    at HttpApplication.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
    at HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
    at HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNoDemand(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
    at ISAPIRuntime.ProcessRequest(IntPtr ecb, Int32 iWRType)
    >MSCRM Error Report:

Error: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
    Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Error Details: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
    Source File: Not available
    Line Number: Not available
    Request URL: https://mynewserver/_grid/print/print_data.aspx
    Stack Trace Info: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    at System.Xml.XmlEncodedRawTextWriter.WriteString(String text)
    at System.Xml.XmlWellFormedWriter.WriteValue(String value)
    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppGridExportUIProvider.RenderDocumentHeader(TextWriter writer, String viewName, String entityPluralName)
    at Microsoft.Crm.Controls.ExportToExcelPage.ConfigurePage()
    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    [HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at ASP.smdos__grid_print_print_data_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

We have CRM 4.0 with the Rollup 20.

I've been investigating but I haven't seen anything unusual, this was working on our old server.

Any Ideas?

Best Regards,

Raúl Ortega

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:04 PM

Answers

• I found the solution to my problem!

The name  of my My User's name info was empty, and this was the problem.

I filled these fields and the error disapeared

• Marked as answer by Raúl Ortega Friday, February 1, 2013 8:36 AM
    Friday, February 1, 2013 8:36 AM

All replies