Usernames RRS feed

• Question

• Does having the same username on multiple PCs cause problems connecting to WHS?

I don't want diferent usernames because that seems to cause headaches on other network shares.

I get the following error

"\\Servername is not accessible. You might not have permission to use ths network resource, Contact the Administrator.....
    Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again."

Tks
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:22 AM

Answers

• I reboot the machine and it worked well afterwords.  I think you were right, I was playing about with username and passwords so they were the same on all machines...tks
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:04 AM

All replies

• The same user name should not be a problem, as long as you do not attempt to access the server with two different user accounts at the same time from one client.
    Would the connection work, if you directly access a shared folder?
    Are there any stored user names and passwords on the client for the connection to that server, which do not match the current user?
    Eventually did you use fast user switching on the client (although I am not sure, if that would have influence) and this is causing side effects?
    Did you rename the user account in the past (according to this FAQ)?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 7:34 AM
  • I reboot the machine and it worked well afterwords.  I think you were right, I was playing about with username and passwords so they were the same on all machines...tks
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:04 AM