Account is locked out RRS feed

• Question

• I have one account on WHS that keeps have hte 'account locked out' property being set. The only way I can unlocked the account is udenr the QHS Console > Advanced Admin Console > Adminisatrtive Tools > USers and Groupps and look at teh account properties.

I can't find any information on the WHS or MS web sites as to what this paramter is or under what conditions it may get set.

Thesyndrome is when I try to access the server from my desktop I get an error message telling me that I can't access the server.

Any clues?
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:46 AM

Answers

• I have one account on WHS that keeps have hte 'account locked out' property being set. The only way I can unlocked the account is udenr the QHS Console > Advanced Admin Console > Adminisatrtive Tools > USers and Groupps and look at teh account properties.

I can't find any information on the WHS or MS web sites as to what this paramter is or under what conditions it may get set.

Thesyndrome is when I try to access the server from my desktop I get an error message telling me that I can't access the server.

Any clues?
    Either A) some network device in your LAN is trying to connect with that user name with an invalid password or B) if that account has Remote Access enabled, someone is using that account from outside your LAN (again, with an invalid password).

In any event, the lockout will reset itself after 30 minutes.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 11:04 PM