MS Office Communicator 2007 R2 (MOC) and Tandberg MXP 95 integration

Question

• Hello,
    recently I managed the integration of Tandberg MXP 95 videoconferencing device into an OCS 2007 R2 infrastructure.
    I am able to see Tandberg device as a contact in MOC with its current presence status. I am able to make an A/V call from Tandberg to MOC client without problems, but the call from MOC to Tandberg leads to only one-way video and audio (from MOC to Tandberg, but not from Tandberg device to MOC client). I cannot see the Tandberg camera picture and cannot hear any sound.
    Do you have some ideas?

Thanks a lot,
    Vladimir
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 12:52 PM

Answers

• Hi, the Tandberg FW 8.1 definitely resolved the one-way A/V communication between OCS client and Tandberg device.

Vladimir
    • Marked as answer by VWojnar Friday, September 25, 2009 2:54 PM
    Friday, September 25, 2009 2:54 PM

All replies

• Same issue here. Any luck getting this resolved?
    Monday, July 20, 2009 9:41 AM
  • Hi, still no luck... I posted the question and a Communicator log to the TAP Partners forum and now I am waiting for a response.

Please, if you will be more successful in a solution, post an answer.

Thanks,
    Vladimir
    Monday, July 20, 2009 12:22 PM
  • Hello to all
    Same issue for we.
    The infrastructure is the follwowing: server: OCS2007; client: OC R2 and TANDBERG Edge 95MXP with F8.0 firmware
    It was working in the past, but we upgrade / reinstall all components, they is no way to isolate a single point of change.
    does somebody received feeb-back to solve this issue?
    thanks in advance
    Fernand
    Friday, July 31, 2009 8:42 AM
  • Hi

Did you try with the last Communicator 2007 R2 update from 28th of july ? among fixes there is a one way only video flow on XP is QoSEnabled registry is on.
    I'am not able to test it, no Tandberg equipment anymore for the moment...
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=515D6DBA-4C6A-48BB-A06A-D99C5742676D&displaylang=en
    Details of the behaviour:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971846/

Please let me know if it solves the issue.
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 9:09 PM
  • Hi,
    I tried with all the updates applied... No luck.
    I have no QoSEnabled parameter set and my system is Windows 7 RC. I sent the LOG files to TAP Partners forum, but up to now, no answer.
    When I asked our local Tandberg partner, I received the following:

Make sure he has turned off encryption in the Moc (registry or group policy on the OCS).

Make sure the 1700 offers h263 in the capset...

Also, check DNS configuration on MOC and MXP. Have seen this behavior before and it was a DNS issue in that the MXP did not have a DNS configuration set.

I have standard encryption settings in registry (see http://edmckinzie.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!687C72A5909E4230!533.entry), DNS is configured on Tandberg device.
    I don't know, what does it mean "h263 in the capset"...

Thank to all for help!

Vladimir

Monday, August 3, 2009 10:06 AM
  • Hello
    I made another test, I donwgrade the Moc client and it is working!
    The issue seem to be at client level (R2)
    best regards
    Fernand
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 12:55 PM
  • I will give it a shot. Strange thing is that our outsourcing division is having the exact same issue with LCS 2005 and Tandberg... Also, according to Tandberg, the integration should work.

We are busy logging a Support Call with Tandberg to try and get to the bottom of this....
    Friday, August 7, 2009 1:12 PM
  • Hi all,
    I have to agree with Fernand! I tried to clean install the MS Office Communicator 2007 (R1) client and tested the communication.
    Audio/video were working both directions, only the video on the MOC client (from Tandberg camera) was displayed upside down (?).
    When I upgraded the MOC client to R2 version, the video from Tandberg stopped to show...

Any further help is appreciated!

Best Regards
    Vladimir
    Monday, August 10, 2009 1:11 PM
  • I had worked with MS support on the same issue but we were running ocs 2007 not R2

The fix was to disable encryption of video by changing a registry entry.

[ H K E Y _ L O C A L _ M A C H I N E \ S O F T W A R E \ P o l i c i e s \ M i c r o s o f t \ C o m m u n i c a t o r ]

" P C 2 P C A V E n c r y p t i o n " = d w o r d : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

change the pc2pcavencryption key

that worked for us. hope that helps

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 8:48 PM
  • Hi all,
    the encryption setting in the registry doesn't help...

I am now in a direct contact with Tandberg Represantatives. I will post a message, when I will have some news....

Best Regards
    Vladimir
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:11 AM
  • Any update on this issue, I am also running into the same issue, our Tandberg MXP has F.8 NTSC and we have OCS R2 with MOC R2.  R1 client works fine and R2 client doesn't connect to MXP. A call from MXP to MOC R2 works fine.
    Monday, August 31, 2009 5:53 PM
  • Hi all,
    I have an update fromthe TANDBERG technical representative, but there is not final solution yet:

A few of my peer engineers have also encountered the same issue when the MOC (R2) client initiates the call to a TANDBERG MXP (F8.0) resulting in one-way video as you have described.  As you have noted, there are currently a couple of workarounds at the moment on this to ensure the video portion works:  1) Utilize an R1 MOC client, or 2) upgrade the MXP to F8.1; F8.1 is currently beta.

Other notable behavior is that when the call originates from the MXP (F8.0) to the MOC (R2) client everything works as expected (two-way video+audio).

I will stay in touch and post any new message...

Vladimir
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 9:43 AM
  • Vladimir,

I too have been plagued with this issue. After many hours of PSS and Tandberg engagement, it has been determined that the only solution is F8.1.

In my testing, the beta 10 code does resolve the issue. So it's either run the beta code or wait for the production release.

Mathew

Friday, September 4, 2009 7:48 PM
  • Hi, the Tandberg FW 8.1 definitely resolved the one-way A/V communication between OCS client and Tandberg device.

Vladimir
    • Marked as answer by VWojnar Friday, September 25, 2009 2:54 PM
    Friday, September 25, 2009 2:54 PM

Vladimir

This worked for me as well.  There is a production ready 8.2 version, recommended by Tandberg support, for the upgrade.

----Jer
    Monday, November 23, 2009 10:14 PM
  • Hi Jeremy Wood,

You are absolutely right. The FW 8.2 has resolved this issue if the OCS and Tandberg are in same network.
    But still i have the same issue ( one-way A/V communication between OCS client and Tandberg device) as we are running the OCS and Tandberg in different network. (Tandberg is placed in perimeter network with a public IP).

Would be grateful if you could help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks!
    Sankar N.
    Monday, November 30, 2009 2:58 PM