Microsoft Office Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been using Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on Windows Vista for around 6months. Everything has been well so far until something happened recently.

I'm unable to open ANY Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Word and OneNote). Whenever I try to open it, the Windows Installer will open.
    This is what it shows.

Windows Installer
    The feature you are trying to use is on a network resouce that is unavailable.
    Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'HomeStudentrWW.msi' in the box below.

Seeing this, I tried to use the original CD to open the HomeStudentrWW.msi file, but that does work. It'll show :

Problem with Shortcut
    The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

I can access the file if I open it from the CD. However I'm also unable to re-install the program.

When I tried to uninstall the whole Office program, it says that the program is CORRUPTED.

Help desperately needed, as I need to use Office to type documents.
    Thanks.
    Sunday, August 31, 2008 2:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Xiangbin,

would you be able to describe what happened recently?

A quick and dirty way is to pop in the original installation disk and choose repair option.
    Dennis Chung | IT Pro Evangelist | Microsoft Singapore
    http://pingdennis.com
    Tuesday, September 9, 2008 2:52 AM