backup help RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to change my backup config.  I want to bkup to a on-line storage center but One-Care won't let me change my options.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:05 PM

Answers

• You can only configure backup to use a supported device and online storage is not supported.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:51 PM

All replies

• You can only configure backup to use a supported device and online storage is not supported.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:51 PM
  • Here are the instructions to clear the current backup plan and save a new one. Note that the *only* valid destinations for OneCare backup are:

CD\DVD, External Hard Drive, Network Share, some Flash Memory devices.

You cannot backup to an online storage service (with the exception of the extra charge Photo Backup service within OneCare that uses Microsoft's servers) or an internal hard drive on the same PC. You cannot backup to eSATA drives in most cases as they are seen as internal drives to Windows.

Open OneCare

Click Change Settings

backup tab

Click change settings in the lower left

Make sure that the first screen for Centralized Backup has "No Centralized backup" selected

Click your PC on the left.

Uncheck the selection for "Turn on backup for this PC."

Click Next and save the revised plan.

Go back to the backup tab and click Change Settings in the lower left once again.

Select your PC and click.

Click Turn on backup

Select the change location link and select the drive you want to use for backup

Modify the schedule as desired for "When"

Select the file types as desired for "What"

Click next and save the revised plan with the new selection.

-steve

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 12:14 AM