Media Collector Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• I installed WHS EX495 5 days ago and am using it to backup and share media from two HP TouchSmart PC's running Windows 7.  The media collection process has been very slow and I'm not sure if all the music files have been collected.  I've tried rebooting the server and reseting the database. Yesterday, I changed the collection settings to only collect video (since music and picture collection have seemed to stall) and added TCP Port 21 on both computers (info from another post).  I checked this morning and no videos have been collected or even showing a pending status.  My questions are, #1 is the media collector REALLY this slow, #2 Why is the collection process stalling?, #3 Is there something I need to change/set on my Linksys Router?, #4 Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm new to home servers, so please be patient with me :-)

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Achadwick,

The media collector is particular to the HP units and even though I own one I don't use this feature so can't offer any help directly - you might find if you call HP they will be able to help with your problem.

Cheers,
    Al

--
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:08 PM