SyncSessionStatistics not Captured in Upload Scenario with WebSharingAppDemo-CEProviderEndToEnd Sample (Sync Fx 2.0) RRS feed

• Question

• In the WebSharingAppDemo-CEProviderEndToEnd sample, when changing the sync direction to upload, the SyncSessionStatistics always show 0 for ChangesFound, ChangesApplied and ChangesFailed.

Note: I am using the SqlSyncProvider for the local repository and the RelationalProviderProxy/KnowledgeSyncProvider for the remote repository.

When debugging the ApplyChanges method implementation in the RelationalWebSyncService class, the sessionStatistics object is in fact set with the correct values:

SyncSessionStatistics sessionStatistics = new SyncSessionStatistics();
    this.peerProvider.ProcessChangeBatch(resolutionPolicy, sourceChanges, changeData, new SyncCallbacks(), sessionStatistics);
    return sessionStatistics;

However, the ProcessChangeBatch method on the RelationalProviderProxy simply makes the following call (batching not relevant):

this.proxy.ApplyChanges(resolutionPolicy, sourceChanges, changeDataRetriever);

So, the "Sync Application" in this case, the SynchronizationHelper in the sample, does not include the SyncSessionStatistics of the synchronization that just occured, and as such, the stats object variable contains 0s:

SyncOperationStatistics stats = orchestrator.Synchronize();Note that when the direction is set to Download, the stats are set as expected.

So, is there a hook missing somewhere that provides the SyncSessionStatistics to the orchestrator?

Thanks,

Rick

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:58 AM

Answers

• Good catch Rick.  This is a known bug and will be fixed in the RTW release.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Sean Kelley
    Program Manager
    Microsoft

Monday, August 17, 2009 10:27 PM

All replies

• One addition note. This seems to be an issue with both KnowledgeSyncProvider and RelationalSyncProvider. I can only get stats back if I use the SqlSyncProvider.
    Rick
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:52 AM
  • Good catch Rick.  This is a known bug and will be fixed in the RTW release.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Sean Kelley
    Program Manager
    Microsoft

Monday, August 17, 2009 10:27 PM
  • Has this been fixed in the latest Sync Framework 2.0 that was just released about month ago? I'm still not seeing the stats in the WebSharingAppDemo-CEProviderEndToEnd app that was included in the samples. Any workaround?

Thanks.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:12 AM