closing quotes to close opportunity RRS feed

• Question

• Using CRM2011

Hello all,

Would anyone be able to help with the following please? 

our sales force need to be able to close any quotes associated with their opportunities, however, they don't have the correct level of permission. I have had a look and I *think* the easiest way to change this would be to allow them to change the 'Assign' permissions to business unit so they can allocate the quote to themselves then close it. I found this option under Security Role > User > Quote then change the button to the appropriate level.

Does this make sense or can anyone suggest a better way of doing it?

All the quotes are preapred in the office (not by the sales force). I did suggest that we change the owner of the quote to the sales person but this wasn't too popular.

many thanks in advance.

Justin

Friday, August 9, 2013 11:42 AM

All replies

• For your business, can the Quotes be owned by a team (inclusive of the office folks and the salesperson)? Increase the security role rights that team has on quotes, leave the security role of the salesperson the same, then (since s/he is a member of the team with increased rights), s/he'll will be able to close quotes and only for the quotes owned by that team. (The team has the rights but, as a salesperson, their specific user doesn't; does that make sense?)

Friday, August 9, 2013 6:33 PM