none
No longer seeing poster's name in threads but can see link to an avatar in RSS feed?

Question

• This has been happening for a few days now. I only just noticed the RSS feed workaround. I do see attributions for Edits which at least let me infer the author of those otherwise unsigned posts.  ICIM I still am not using the threaded view and won't try it until there is a fix for the signature problem.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, November 30, 2015 3:47 PM

Answers

• Is this still happening?

Oops.  I just remembered an experiment with avoiding TLS 1.0.  In resetting Advanced Settings that one came back on.  I thought there was supposed to be a security vulnerability associated with it? 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/2977292.aspx

(TechNet search for
        "TLS 1.0" advisory
    )

<quote>

Use of lower versions of TLS could allow an attacker to perform man-in-the-middle attacks and recover plaintext from encrypted sessions.
    </quote>

Anyway, having TLS 1.0 makes avatars, names, awards, points, etc. (in both TechNet and MSDN forums) work again.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 10:12 PM

All replies

• I do use threaded view and did see the same missing poster's name issue in a couple of isolated incidents.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, November 30, 2015 6:42 PM
  • Is this still happening? I've been gone for a while but everything seems to be working normally today.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 3:02 PM
  • Mike, for me it was very isolated. I think I only saw that condition twice.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 3:14 PM
  • It did happen a few times for me as well. Right now I'm seeing the author of the post at the bottom of the message.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 8:29 PM
  • Is this still happening?

Oops.  I just remembered an experiment with avoiding TLS 1.0.  In resetting Advanced Settings that one came back on.  I thought there was supposed to be a security vulnerability associated with it? 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/2977292.aspx

(TechNet search for
        "TLS 1.0" advisory
    )

<quote>

Use of lower versions of TLS could allow an attacker to perform man-in-the-middle attacks and recover plaintext from encrypted sessions.
    </quote>

Anyway, having TLS 1.0 makes avatars, names, awards, points, etc. (in both TechNet and MSDN forums) work again.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 10:12 PM