none
Posting Error in Access Forums RRS feed

• Question

• This has happened at least 3 other times in the past usually seams to be related to a single thread where I can not post specific text. A copy will post in another thread but not the original. I can post a small amount of text but not a lot. I either get a yellow line at the bottom of the Post window or a pop-up message from the Web Page with only the OK selection. The following thread only allows me to post small amounts of text or images. I posted an image of what has been happening for the last 1.5 hours on that thread. I don't know if it is a problem with the Thread, My Profile or the User's Profile or what. Like I said this has happened before about three months ago and six months ago.

Can anyone explain why this is happening or if this is a known issue.

Thank you!!!

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/9b2fbd87-5995-4428-9044-e05bb2b3da66/in-a-numeric-field-begin-by-01-02-03-instead-of-1-2-3?forum=accessdev

Chris Ward

• Edited by KCDW Monday, July 14, 2014 3:35 PM
    • Changed type KCDW Monday, July 14, 2014 3:36 PM This was supposed to be a question
    Monday, July 14, 2014 3:35 PM

All replies

• pop-up message from the Web Page with only the OK selection.

Using which browser?  On which OS?  Try a different browser?

If this is IE I would try using the Developer Tools, for both additional clues from the Console tab and the Network capture.  Even the Script debugger might help provide more clues.

Others have seen this symptom before but I don't remember the details.  I have a vague idea that only IE8 users were getting it.

Do you have a snip of the other symptom?  Topically it is making me think of this one, where the users are evidently seeing the Information bar pop up under the Taskbar.  I have seen that and similar incidents but don't think the cause has ever been identified.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:29 PM
  • Sorry Robert as you can see from my stats I am not a new comer to the forums. Before I posted I moved from my normal PC to three others for testing. The results were for that thread identical on each when trying to post the same information whether it was copy/pasted or typed new.

PC's Tested on

OS-----IE-----Chrome-----Mozilla

W7-----10-----9-----9

W7-----11-----9-----9

W8-----11----NA----NA

also tested in compatibility mode where available. Tested with other threads without any issue. From what I can see it is directly related to that thread when trying to post as a reply to the original post or a quote to the original post.

Chris Ward

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 5:06 PM
  • From what I can see it is directly related to that thread when trying to post as a reply to the original post or a quote to the original post.

I tried to see if you could use the QA version of that forum as a Sandbox but it seems it is too old

http://qa.social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=accessdev

<quote>
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:55 PM                        
    </quote>

Would any of your other examples be available from then?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:59 PM
  • Good Morning Robert,

I appreciate your contemplation about this issue.

I don't think the QA version would make a difference as in other threads during the same time, I had no issues. only the one thread on multiple devices. It was almost like the thread was locked somehow, except I could post a single word and could modify the single word and could post a picture but I could not include the text I wanted to post. If you look in the linked thread I posted earlier you will see the image of the text I wanted to include but could not. I don't know if there is a certain combination of Characters that get blocked or what the issue may be but I can verify that it has nothing to do with the browser nor the OS.

I am using the same browser and OS now that I was then without issue.

Do you have any other thoughts?

Thank you!

Chris Ward

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:16 PM
  • I don't think the QA version would make a difference as in other threads during the same time, I had no issues. only the one thread on multiple devices.

That's why I think only the QA version would be useful.  E.g. I doubt there would be any point in trying to recreate the whole thread in an existing Sandbox forum.  There is apparently going to be an update to forums (or I guess it may have already occurred).  So, if you still want to experiment in the production thread, let's see if that symptom has changed as a result of the update.  Otherwise, I suggest just waiting to see if the next cut of the QA version can be used to reproduce your symptom.  Unfortunately I don't know if there will be one soon but having one after an update to the forum software seems more likely than not (though I think it's usually done before).

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:53 PM