locked
Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I have 2 servers: 1 for the Crm2016 FullServer and 1 SqlSqerver

    I try to install CRM2016 and everything works fine until the System Checks.

    Then, I get this error while checking "Microsoft SQL Server". Microsoft SQL Server version = 11.0.6020.0.

    After around 60 seconds of "checking" the "Microsoft SQL Server" and after creating the database MSCRM_CONFIG on the SqlServer machine, I get the Timeout error twice.

    Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
    The wait operation timed out

    The MS Sql Server Reporting Service is also not found (although it is installed on the same SqlSqrver and the link I have provided for it is the right one.

    After all these errors, the MSCRM_CONFIG database is removed.

    Help please!

    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 1:14 PM

Answers

  • The log indicates that the setup process can authenticate to SQL, so basic connectivity should be fine. Two things is might be:

    • Timeouts due to SQL being very slow
    • The SQL Service Account (that used by the MSSQLServer service), or the account running setup may not have rights to the file system (specifically E:\SQLServer_INSTPCH1 ). The setup program copies the .mdf and .ldf files, then issues the SQL command to attach a database from that

    Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

    • Marked as answer by Ratiu Sorin Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:39 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2016 8:56 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • In the SqlServer I found this Error:

    2016-09-01 09:51:59.71 Logon       Login succeeded for user 'XXX'. Connection made using Windows authentication. [CLIENT: XX.XX.XX.XX]
    2016-09-01 09:52:00.01 spid57      Error: 17204, Severity: 16, State: 1.
    2016-09-01 09:52:00.01 spid57      FCB::Open failed: Could not open file E:\SQLServer_INSTPCH1\MSCRM_CONFIG.mdf for file number 0.  OS error: 2(The system cannot find the file specified.).
    2016-09-01 09:52:35.14 Logon       Login succeeded for user 'XXX'. Connection made using Windows authentication. [CLIENT: XX.XX.XX.XX]
    2016-09-01 09:52:35.15 spid60      Error: 17204, Severity: 16, State: 1.
    2016-09-01 09:52:35.15 spid60      FCB::Open failed: Could not open file E:\SQLServer_INSTPCH1\test_MSCRM.mdf for file number 0.  OS error: 2(The system cannot find the file specified.).

    I have uninstalled the Antivirus but the same error pops up again and again :(

    and on the SQL Server side I found that this command fails:

    exec sp_executesql N'EXEC sp_attach_db @dbname = @databaseName, @filename1 = @dbFile, @filename2 = @logFile;',N'@databaseName varchar(30),@dbFile nvarchar(260),@logFile nvarchar(260)',@databaseName='17581e24fe4cea8e3ac6963e18bd13',@dbFile=N'E:\SQLServer_INSTPCH1\MSCRM_CONFIG.mdf',@logFile=N'E:\SQLServer_INSTPCH1\MSCRM_CONFIG_log.ldf'


    • Edited by Ratiu Sorin Thursday, September 1, 2016 8:26 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 7:54 AM
  • Hello,

    It seems that sql is not responding, ¿have u trie check the dns? o maybe try paralelism to 1 that make the server more responsive, i hope helps.

    Greetings,

    JP

    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 4:15 PM
  • The log indicates that the setup process can authenticate to SQL, so basic connectivity should be fine. Two things is might be:

    • Timeouts due to SQL being very slow
    • The SQL Service Account (that used by the MSSQLServer service), or the account running setup may not have rights to the file system (specifically E:\SQLServer_INSTPCH1 ). The setup program copies the .mdf and .ldf files, then issues the SQL command to attach a database from that

    Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

    • Marked as answer by Ratiu Sorin Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:39 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2016 8:56 AM
    Moderator
  • You have been right with the first answer: Timeouts due to SQL being very slow.

    On Default, when checking the prerequirements, the crm installer creates the MSCRM_CONFIG and Org_MSCRM tables to be sure that it can continue. The Default size for creating a new database on the SqlServer was set to 1G, so 2 databases = 2G. This should have been no Problem for a normal SqlServer.

    Unfortunately the SqlServer needed 2 minutes to create one database :( ... and the timeout from the CRM installer was comming after 1 Minute :(.

    After opening some tickets to the Hardware guys, suddently the databases needed 20 seconds to be created and everything workes fine now.

    I still have got no answer what happened with the hardware :(

    Thank you very much!

    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:38 PM