none
Dad needs help Software question

Question

• I purchased the computer game "Civilization 6" for my son and after the game downloaded to his laptop the following message appeared:

NO COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS DEVICE FOUND. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR SYSTEM HAS A CORRECTLY CONFIGURED, COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS DEVICE."

This is an older Dell laptop we purchased new in 2007 and gave to him when we recently were able to afford a new one. Long story short is we are money tight and when I searched for answers all I received was I needed to purchase a newer graphics card. One other option that popped up was a software program called "DRIVER ASSIST" that when purchased will update all of the drivers and other various update needs. It is a Microsoft partner and also much more affordable than purchasing a card from NVIDIA or other... Will this solve my needs?

I'm a Dad so I want to help my son. However I'm a Dad with a tight budget.

ANY help I would greatly appreciate.

ehabben@live.com

Saturday, February 25, 2017 1:27 AM

Answers

• You may have to ask the game developer for help. Dell SupportAssist is a free dell utility for updating firmware and drivers. You can also ask general windows question over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 27, 2017 3:27 AM