SyncToy - Windows Mail Sync RRS feed

• Question

• I have my mail divided into several subfolders within Windows Mail - how can I use SyncToy to keep my mail the same on two computers?  It works brilliantly for everything else!  Leaving mail on the server to download onto my laptop is OK, but takes longer than a simple Sync would, and also doesn't save sent mails, so I need to find something more effective.
    Thanks for any help!
    Helen
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:33 PM

Answers

• Hi -

I am unfamiliar with how Windows Mail works so I cannot give you a definitive answer. We know we have an issue with syncing .pst ( outlook files ) when Outlook is actually open and running so we do recommend that before running SyncToy - you close Outlook properly before syncing. Assuming all mails are simple folder/file type hierarchy - you should be able to sync them over to your other computer simply as files. It looks like your Sent emails are stored on a local folder so those should also be sync'ed over provided no filters take them out.

My best recommendation would be to set up the folder pair and try it for a few days and see how it works.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Monday, October 5, 2009 6:55 PM