Dual Monitors RRS feed

• Question

• [deleted insulting opening sentence]  I connect to my pc remotely using a connection via http however the technology is still Microsft's RDP then there is nothing you can do to makes it work.  If there is anyone ot there that can prove me wronng, than pleae bring on.  Keep in  mind that Windows Vistat and 7 will support his
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:25 AM

Answers

• If your work PC only has one monitor, when you use remote desktop to connect from a dual monitor system, you will only get a single monitor in the RDP session. If you have two monitors on the remote system and one on the local system, you will get a display of both monitors from the remote system on your single monitor local system.
    I'm not sure what your problem is or what you mean by your last sentence about Vista and Windows 7. The OS is of no importance as long as Live Mesh supports running on that OS.

If I am misunderstanding your scenario, please post back and drop the insults if you desire assistance. Even if you only wish to provide feedback, insults, especially offensive ones, are not adding to your credibility.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:06 PM

All replies

• I made a buch of typos.  I connect using my laptop and my external monitor is a dell.  The dual monitor feature wroks great.  However when I connect to my work PC I only get 1?
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:32 AM
  • If your work PC only has one monitor, when you use remote desktop to connect from a dual monitor system, you will only get a single monitor in the RDP session. If you have two monitors on the remote system and one on the local system, you will get a display of both monitors from the remote system on your single monitor local system.
    I'm not sure what your problem is or what you mean by your last sentence about Vista and Windows 7. The OS is of no importance as long as Live Mesh supports running on that OS.

If I am misunderstanding your scenario, please post back and drop the insults if you desire assistance. Even if you only wish to provide feedback, insults, especially offensive ones, are not adding to your credibility.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:06 PM