Updating Contract Information in Service after Contract is Invoiced RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to connect a custom entity to the Contract screen to hold certain pieces of information that is being tracked for a Contract. The information that is being tracked would be Project Manager and Business Manager for company using CRM and Client Project and Technical Managers. I can create the custom screen and also attached to the Account and Contract screens. When the Contract is in a Draft status we can change the information for the above fields. On the Contract is Invoiced the contract is no longer available to connect to. Even if I directly link on the Contract screen once it is invoiced I cannot change the information. Is there a different way to get around the issue of the invoiced status or to handle the updating.
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 8:40 PM

All replies

• You can leverage workflows to change the Contract status to Draft or some other status that allows you to edit the Contract then use a different workflow to change the status back to Invoice or whatever you need.  Test this a few times to ensure it works as you expect and that there is no other adverse or unexepected effect.
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 9:50 PM