How do you hide shared files RRS feed

• Question

• I am using my WHS as a media server for my Xbox and as a web page/server for media. I want to be able to see all files from my media player, but not on the web. Also, I was using TVersity, and I had a folders option for picking my media, and also a date added, they seemed to have disappeared with WHS. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Bill
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 4:09 PM

Answers

• I added the PVTConnect and was able to block folders from the web, and still see them from my media players. I do miss the Dated Added feature from TVersity.

• Marked as answer by OrlandoBill Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:17 AM
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 12:01 AM

All replies

• I am using my WHS as a media server for my Xbox and as a web page/server for media. I want to be able to see all files from my media player, but not on the web.

The only way to do that would be to have 2 different shares with different permissions (such that your user account couldn't see the share at all through Remote Access).

Also, I was using TVersity, and I had a folders option for picking my media, and also a date added, they seemed to have disappeared with WHS.

Installing TVersity on your server is unsupported.  You might want to ask for assistance on their website.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Bill

Saturday, June 6, 2009 4:21 PM
  • I added the PVTConnect and was able to block folders from the web, and still see them from my media players. I do miss the Dated Added feature from TVersity.

• Marked as answer by OrlandoBill Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:17 AM
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 12:01 AM