In MS Money 2007 I am Unable to access my Online Sign-In Name RRS feed

• Question

• Dear forum members,

I am using MS Money since 2008 and all my home accounts ( to the detail) are there. I configured Money in 2008 and ever since I use it without any hassle. I have never used the online part of it as i didn't configure it to work with my bank account.

3 weeks back, I changed my laptop, I backed up my money backup on a flash memory, I installed Money on my new laptop, Windows 8. It workd fine for a few days and then all of a sudden it will stop working....i was fed up...finally I removed Money and re installed it. It asked for my windows passport password,which I provided...it says wrong pw or user name. I tried many times as it was correct, I was able to open my Hotmail. I finally changed my password....and when I am restoring my database....it asks for a pw and it rejects the correct password.

All my 5 years + data is locked now...as I cant enter Money at all...and my invoices are piling up as I cant input....guys and girls...please HELP.

there is no "off line" mode as suggested .....

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:06 AM

All replies

• On Wed, 22 May 2013 00:06:00 +0000, VIDYA DHAR wrote:

>
    >
    >Dear forum members,
    >
    >I am using MS Money since 2008 and all my home accounts ( to the detail) are there. I configured Money in 2008 and ever since I use it without any hassle. I have never used the online part of it as i didn't configure it to work with my bank account.
    >
    >
    >
    >3 weeks back, I changed my laptop, I backed up my money backup on a flash memory, I installed Money on my new laptop, Windows 8. It workd fine for a few days and then all of a sudden it will stop working....i was fed up...finally I removed Money and re installed it. It asked for my windows passport password,which I provided...it says wrong pw or user name. I tried many times as it was correct, I was able to open my Hotmail. I finally changed my password....and when I am restoring my database....it asks for a pw and it rejects the correct password.
    >
    >All my 5 years + data is locked now...as I cant enter Money at all...and my invoices are piling up as I cant input....guys and girls...please HELP.
    >
    >there is no "off line" mode as suggested .....
    >
    >

Did you disconnect your computer from the Internet first?

Here is Cal Learner's boiler plate.  Follow the directions exactly.  Note particularly his comments about the password on your Money file.  And you probably should install Money Sunset - a free, non-expiring version.

======================================
    Disconnect from the Internet.  Pull your Ethernet cable or turn off
    your modem -- whatever it takes.  Start Money, click below the
    password field to select "I want to sign in to Money directly,
    without access to all online services." then click Next.

If you get into your file,
    remove your LiveID.    While you attempted to change your LiveID , use
    you must use the the credentials that were in
    effect at the time that you saved that Money file.  If you get in, remove the
    Live ID. Go to File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your
    LiveID.  To remove or add a conventional password, also see
    File->PasswordManager.

The password is case-sensitive.  If you are not sure of your
    credentials, write down what you remember.  Consider permutations.
    Check your notes.  You will not get into the file without those
    credentials in effect when the file was saved.
    ==================================

Ron
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:23 AM