none
2 general questions about homeserver 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

1--I see on the second disk of homeserver 2011 chew7.exe program. what is the use of this program exactly(what is the benefit of it)?

2- I just installed home server 2011 on my computer for study purpose , but I want to know what I can do with second disk(I heared that is a client disk)but what is the benefit of it?

very short answers wil be enough.

thanks

johan

h.david

Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:54 PM

Answers

• 1. More than just those clients. See here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/supported-os-2.aspx

2. I have to ask where you obtained this disk? How do you know that it is infected? A legitimate copy of the Microsoft Client Client Restore disk does not include a file of that name.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:24 PM

All replies

• 1. If it's on Disk 2, it is needed as part of a Client restore.

2. The 2nd disk is used to boot a Client computer which then allows you to restore that client to a previous state, from a backup previously made to the Server.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:41 PM
  • first thanks for your response,

1--with client computer do you mean any client computer with windows 7 or vista?

2-on my second disk chew 7 is infected can I download any chew 7.exe program from internet?

johan

h.david

Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:46 PM
  • 1. More than just those clients. See here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/supported-os-2.aspx

2. I have to ask where you obtained this disk? How do you know that it is infected? A legitimate copy of the Microsoft Client Client Restore disk does not include a file of that name.

Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:24 PM