Dynamics 365 on-premise "Reporting is not enabled" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we run a Dynamics 365 on-premise in test-mode right now. The final purpose is to migrate our CRM 2011 to Dynamics 365. It took me quite a while to understand that CRM 2016 Update 2 is now called Dynamics 365. However, we have an issue with Reporting service.

CRM Deployment Manager shows "Reporting is not enabled" even though Dynamics 365 Reporting Extensions is installed.

We run all locally, SQL + CRM on same machine. I have to confess that we run on a Win 2016 Datacenter Server and we run Dynamics 365 (build 8.2.0000.0749 - both CMR and Reporting Extensions). But we run SQL 2016 Std. SP1 CU2.

According to Microsoft, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3124955/compatibility-with-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2016 - SQL 2016 is supported with build 8.2.0.0749, what I have.

However, my reports do show up and also run (at least build-in ones - at a glance), but I cannot get rid of this "Reporting is not enabled" message in Depolyment Manager. And I am not sure wether this is an issue or can be ignored. 

Please see some more detail information here https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/231007 - that was my intial post, but I feel like that forum is not as good maintained as this one, got no feedback so far.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:55 AM

Answers

• Mahesh, see his skype ID in previous post, has fixed this for me via TeamViewer. What he basically did, is to reinstall SRSDataConnector Application from CRM source (\Server\amd64\SrsDataConnector\SetupSrsDataConnector.exe)

I have updated it than again to Update 1.0 (CRM2016-Srs-KB3154952-ENU-Amd64.exe) - but basically the error message disapeared after the reinstallation/repair of SrsDataConnector.
    Actually I did the same thing several times, but by some reason it did not work out for me. Mahesh, did yo do anything else?

Still, I have to mention that my CRM Reports where enabled and DID WORK even while the error message was there, just the message bothered me.
    Monday, March 27, 2017 3:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please add on skype :- mahesh.variance 

We will discuss in detail if possible from your side.

Thanks 

Mahesh

Monday, March 27, 2017 11:55 AM
  • Mahesh, see his skype ID in previous post, has fixed this for me via TeamViewer. What he basically did, is to reinstall SRSDataConnector Application from CRM source (\Server\amd64\SrsDataConnector\SetupSrsDataConnector.exe)

I have updated it than again to Update 1.0 (CRM2016-Srs-KB3154952-ENU-Amd64.exe) - but basically the error message disapeared after the reinstallation/repair of SrsDataConnector.
    Actually I did the same thing several times, but by some reason it did not work out for me. Mahesh, did yo do anything else?

Still, I have to mention that my CRM Reports where enabled and DID WORK even while the error message was there, just the message bothered me.
    Monday, March 27, 2017 3:42 PM