My launchpad will not open RRS feed

• Question

• My launchpad will not open, when I open my my PC
    Friday, January 19, 2018 1:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you mean Launchpad automatically opened with system start, please check configuration:
    Manually open Launchpad via Start Menu, click on the downwards arrow in the top right hand corner of Launchpad. Select "Settings" and select "Automatically run the Launchpad when I log on to Windows".

Besides, open system startup items, please make sure that Launchpad is enabled:
    Run “msconfig” and select Startup tab to check detail startup items.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 22, 2018 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 6:47 AM
  • Launchpad failures aren't as destructive as mishaps at Cape Canaveral. For Launchpad, about the worst that can happen is that an icon for an app you deleted will refuse to go away, icons won’t stay on the page you want them on, or icons won’t maintain the desired organization you created. when you create a folder of apps in Launchpad, the icons return to their original location the next time you open Launchpad.

The method for getting the database rebuilt varies a bit depending on the version of OS X you're running, but in all cases, we're going to delete the database and then restart Launchpad. Launchpad will go to grab information from the database and quickly discover that the file containing the database is missing. Launchpad will then scan for apps on your Mac, grab their icons, and rebuild its database file.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, January 29, 2018 2:07 AM
  • Delete the folder that begins with "Launchpad.exe_StrongName..." in the C:\users\USERNAME\appdata\local\microsoft_corportaion folder.  Then restart.  The folder will be recreated. Launchpad should be back in your system tray.

Regards,

Jim

• Proposed as answer by Julestastic Tuesday, April 14, 2020 11:22 PM
    Sunday, October 14, 2018 2:15 PM
  • Worked!!  Thank you, Jim!
    Saturday, April 6, 2019 10:00 PM
  • This was tricky but this worked perfect.  Thank you.
    Tuesday, February 11, 2020 5:10 PM
  • Thanks, that worked....again!

Reading this thread though, I'm relatively fortunate with how Windows 10 works with WHS2011 as this is only the second time I've had this issue.

Sunday, May 31, 2020 5:31 PM
  • I just had this issue for the first time.  I deleted the folder in the thread, restarted and it worked!  I am also running WHS2011 with Windows 10 and it has worked well for years.  My only issue is that I don't have the hotfix that would allow it to back up GPT disks.  I have a relatively new laptop with a GPT disk so I have to back it up by other means.

Thanks!

• Edited by oldsports Friday, June 5, 2020 8:03 PM
    Friday, June 5, 2020 7:50 PM