Same GUID in two different account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I created a solution(say-s1) in CRM account(say-acc1) and solution contains one secutity role(say-test role that created in acc1) and one custom entity.I exported it in managed mode.

Now i am importing  that solution(s1) in CRM account(say-acc2).It is impoted fine.

GUId Of That security role (test role) in acc2 is same as it was in acc1.

I want to know what happens about this GUID??

Guid may collide in new account(acc2) or not???

It may be a cilly question...BUT...I am not getting this.

Can anyone give me idea about this that what happens here about guid??

Ideas will be appriciated.

Thanks in Advance.

• Edited by ANISH-CRM Monday, May 28, 2012 2:46 PM
    Monday, May 28, 2012 2:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry - I think I understand what you are asking now:

1.  "I wanted To Know About Same Guid In Both System??Generally GUID is created in new system(Acc2)..??"
      The GUIDs are made the same so that when you import your solution is imported again - it can update the role that was previously updated rather than always create a new one.
    2. The importing of 'core' security roles such as salesperson is a special case because Dynamics CRM tracks when you include 'out of the box' elements so that it can correctly manage import/export. There is actually a 'master security role id' that is maintained for each security role, and then an instance is created for each business unit with a newly created guid for each organisation/business unit.

Hope this answers your questions!

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by ANISH-CRM Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:11 AM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:55 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

If you import a solution that contains a security role with the same GUID of an existing security role, Dynamics CRM will assume that it is the same security role and rename/redefine/overwrite the role in the target crm organsiation. If you import a security role with a different guid, but the same name, Dynamics CRM will prevent the role from being imported due to a duplicate role error.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by The Hosk Monday, May 28, 2012 3:42 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by ANISH-CRM Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:33 AM
    Monday, May 28, 2012 2:52 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi scott,

Thankyou For ur idea but i didn't get what i wanted...

I think i was not able to make question clear...Or...I m not getting my answer.

Scenario is:

Acc1-OnPremise version of CRM in one system.

Acc2-OnPremise version Of CRM in another system.

1.Acc1-created custom security role(say customrole)

Ofcourse customrole not present in Acc2 till now bcs it was created in Acc1.

2. Acc1-created custom entity(say-customentity)

3. Acc1-Solution(say-s1[Managed]) created contains only "customrole" and "customentity"

4. Acc2-s1 is imported fine and after that customrole is also present in "Acc2".

5. GUID of customrole(In Acc1) is same as GUID of customrole (In Acc2).

I wanted To Know About Same Guid In Both System??Generally GUID is created in new system(Acc2)..??

I may be wrong and even my question also may be wrong..i hv no idea..so please guide me well..:)

Another Scenarion According To Scott:

1. Acc1-created custom entity(say-customentity)

2. Acc1-Solution(say-s1[Managed]) created contains only SecutityRole(Salesperson) and "customentity"

Ofcourse SecurityRole(Salesperson) is present in Acc2.

Initially In Acc1-Salesperson has GUID(Say-id1)

Initially In Acc2-Salesperson has GUID(Say-id2)

3. Acc2-s1 is imported fine .

4. Acc2-Salesperson has Different Guid(Say-id3) at this time.

5. Acc2-s1 is deleted.

6. Acc2-Salesperson has GUID(id2) again.

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:03 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry - I think I understand what you are asking now:

1.  "I wanted To Know About Same Guid In Both System??Generally GUID is created in new system(Acc2)..??"
      The GUIDs are made the same so that when you import your solution is imported again - it can update the role that was previously updated rather than always create a new one.
    2. The importing of 'core' security roles such as salesperson is a special case because Dynamics CRM tracks when you include 'out of the box' elements so that it can correctly manage import/export. There is actually a 'master security role id' that is maintained for each security role, and then an instance is created for each business unit with a newly created guid for each organisation/business unit.

Hope this answers your questions!

Scott

Scott Durow

• Marked as answer by ANISH-CRM Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:11 AM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:55 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Thankyou Scott...

This is one idea that i wanted to know..:)

ANISH

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:13 AM