none
Answer removed multiple times and points lost RRS feed

Answers

• Scoring errors should be corrected. We've changed to recalculating all points whenever they change rather than simply +/- so that errors don't occur.
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    • Proposed as answer by nobugz Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ahmad Mageed Friday, July 18, 2008 1:03 AM
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:18 PM

All replies

• There's no visual feedback that the mouse click is recognized and forum server response is getting slow.  The OP probably just clicked many times when the first click produced no result.  It works the other way around too.  Point counting is severely bugged, vague promise that it will get fixed in the release after the next one.
    Hans Passant.
    Monday, June 30, 2008 8:18 PM
  • This seems a rather serious bug as far as the rating system is concerned. It also looks crazy in the thread display where these multiple additions or deletions are recorded.

Are these scoring errors going to be corrected? I know at least one case where I benefited by this bug, and I would guess that most point scores have been inflated because of it. Except Hans/nobugz of course; his score seems chronically deflated.

On the brighter side, in the new version it says "Marked as answer by xxx" rather "Answered by xxx" as previously. Something I bugged got fixed - yea!!

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 10:35 AM
  • Here's a good example, I've never seen 8 before.  Kudos to the OP, s/he must have really liked the answer.  Maybe it's a good thang...
    Hans Passant.
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 10:07 PM
  • Hans:

Hey you'll be back to five medals in no time if you answer all this poster's questions.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, July 4, 2008 1:40 PM
  • Scoring errors should be corrected. We've changed to recalculating all points whenever they change rather than simply +/- so that errors don't occur.
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    • Proposed as answer by nobugz Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ahmad Mageed Friday, July 18, 2008 1:03 AM
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:18 PM